Set the mood this Valentine’s day with the perfect combination - Champagne and Chocolate covered strawberries.
A Simple & Sweet Idea
Do you want to impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, but are unsure what to do? We have a perfect, simple and sweet idea that you will love! Whip up some decadent chocolate covered strawberries for your special someone, which can be exquisitely paired with a fine bottle of premium champagne.
Do not worry; you don't need to be a master chocolatier to make these delicious treats, all it takes is a little creativity and some patience. We have outlined each step for you.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Purchase fresh strawberries from your local grocery store or market. Depending on how many you wish to make, your ingredient quantities may vary, but we suggest you start with 12 juicy strawberries.
- Chocolate comes in many flavours, colours and styles; we suggest you visit your local ‘bulk store’ and purchase milk chocolate and white chocolate (whatever your preference though). It is nice to have two different colours to use one as the base dip and the other as a highlight drizzle.
- Once home – fill a pot half full with water – use a double boiler, if you don't have one then use two pots stacked.
- Bring the water to a boil and place 2 cups of the chocolate you wish to use as a base in the top pot.
- Make sure your strawberries are cleaned, patted dry and placed on a piece of parchment paper on a plate – ready to be dipped.
- Make sure you stir as you pour in the chocolate to the top empty pot, the chocolate will start melting from the heat of the boiling water underneath. Stir until consistency is velvety smooth.
- Turn off the burner and begin to dip strawberries, holding by their stems into chocolate. You will have to work quickly as the chocolate will begin to harden as it cools.
- Once dipped, place strawberry on the parchment paper to set. Once all have been dipped, place in fridge to further set.
- Heat your second batch of chocolate, the same as the last. Once heated pour into a zip lock bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Drizzled on top of the already cool strawberries, and place back into the fridge to set.
Premium BubblyAt Elite Events we truly adore our bubbly, here are our suggestions for the perfect pairing;
- Louis Roederer Brut Premier Champagne
- Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut Champagne
- Champagne Veuve Clicquot 2004 La Grande Dame
- Dom Pérignon 2004 Rose Vintage Champagne
Happy Valentine’s Day From Elite Events & PR Management, check out our blog titled The Most Romantic Things to Say!
Related PR & Event News>> How to Incorporate Social Media in your Next Event
>> Are Branded Hashtags for you?